The Fifth Element (1997) - Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos.

Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Where are the stones?
Priest Vito Cornelius: I don't know. And even if I did know, I wouldn't tell somebody like you.
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Why? What's wrong with me?
Priest Vito Cornelius: I try to serve life. But you only...seem to want to destroy it.
Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: Oh, Father, you're so wrong. Let me explain. [closes office door, places an empty glass on desk] Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Take this empty glass. Here it is, peaceful, serene and boring. But if it is. [Pushes glass off table and crashed.] Destroyed! [robot cleaners move to clean broken glass] Look at all these little things. So busy now. Notice how each one is useful. What a lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people who'll be able to feed their children tonight so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny weeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain... of life. [Desk prepares a glass of water and a bowl of fruit] You see, Father, by creating a little destruction, I'm actually encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business. Cheers. [drinks water with cherry, only to choke on cherry stuck in throat. Zorg frantically presses all buttons on his desk in an attempt to get something to clear his throat]

No comments:

Post a Comment